Our Concordia data harmonization platform is hiring technologists who can produce beautiful & functional code to solve complex data harmonization problems. If you are an exceptional developer and who loves to push the boundaries to solve complex business problems using innovative solutions, then we would like to talk with you.
- Provides technical leadership in BigData space (Hadoop Stack like M/R, HDFS, Pig, Hive, HBase, Flume, Sqoop, etc..NoSQL stores like Cassandra, HBase etc).
- Evaluate and recommend Big Data technology stack for the platform
- Passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, applying and contributing towards cutting edge open source technologies and software paradigms
- Drive significant technology initiatives end to end and across multiple layers of architecture
- Provides strong technical leadership in adopting and contributing to open source technologies related to BigData
- Provide strong technical expertise (performance, application design, stack upgrades) to lead Platform Engineering
- Defines and Drives best practices that can be adopted in BigData stack.
- Drives operational excellence through root cause analysis and continuous improvement for BigData technologies and processes.
- Provide technical leadership and be a role model to data engineers
- Provide/inspire innovations that fuel the growth of Fractal as a whole
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
10+ years of demonstrable experience designing technological solutions to complex data problems, developing & testing modular, reusable, efficient and scalable code to implement those solutions.
Ideally, This Would Include Work On The Following Technologies
- Expert-level proficiency in Java.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience in distributed computing frameworks, particularly Apache Hadoop 2.0 (YARN; MR & HDFS) and associated technologies -- one or more of Hive, Sqoop, Avro, Flume, Oozie, Zookeeper, etc.
- Operating knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS and/ or Azure)
- Experience working within a Linux computing environment, and use of command line tools including knowledge of shell scripting for automating common tasks
- Ability to work in a team in an agile setting and clear understanding of how GIT works.
- A technologist - Loves to code and design
In addition, the ideal candidate would have great problem-solving skills, and the ability & confidence to hack their way out of tight corners.
- Java expertise
- Linux environment and shell scripting
- Distributed computing frameworks (Hadoop or Spark)
- Cloud computing platforms (AWS and Azure)
- Distributed and low latency (streaming) application architecture
Desirables (would Be a Plus)
- Row store distributed DBMSs such as Cassandra
- Familiarity with API design
- B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or related technical degree OR Equivalent