Our CPG Advanced Analytics team needs a hands-on data scientist with the capability to perform independent statistical and ML research and develop & code production-grade novel algorithms for our business-experimentation platform. If you are an exceptional data scientist with a zest for exploring new techniques and technologies and are passionate about the science of experimentation, then we would like to talk with you.
- You would be responsible for managing, developing, maintaining and marketing the business-experimentation suite at Fractal.
- The role would involve conducting research and prototyping innovations; data and requirements gathering; solution scoping and architecture; consulting clients and client facing teams on advanced statistical and machine learning problems – especially in the areas of marketing and designing experiments.
- The role would also involve testing various machine learning and analytical tools, especially in the big data space, to scale prototypes to production-grade systems. Familiarity with big data technologies and distributed computing concepts will be an advantage.
Qualification & Experience
Demonstrable experience designing ML/statistical solutions to complex business problems at scale; developing & testing modular, reusable, efficient and scalable code to implement those solutions.
Ideally, this would include the following:
- High proficiency in concepts and algorithms used in design of experiments.
- Expert-level proficiency in at least one of R or Python’s (preferred) data science stack.
- Expert-level proficiency in statistical/ML predictive techniques such as regression, Bayesian methods, tree-based learners, SVM etc.
- Good to have working experience in one or more of Probablistic graphical models, Reinforcement learning, NLP and related areas
- Demonstrable experience of formulating a problem statement and implementing analytical solutions by understanding available data and functional requirements.
- Thorough grasp on RDBMS and data management concepts as well as fluency in SQL scripting.
- Fair understanding of distributed computing in multicore and/or clusters, especially using R/Python.
- Operating knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS, especially EMR, EC2, S3, and the AWS CLI).
- Experience working within a Linux computing environment, and use of command line tools for automating common tasks.
- Ability to work in a team in an agile setting, familiarity with JIRA and clear understanding of how version control software works, especially Git.
- In addition, the ideal candidate would have great problem solving skills, and the ability & confidence to hack their way out of tight corners.
Education: MS / M.Tech (preferred) or BS / B.Tech. in a field with significant quantitative training such as Statistics, ML, AI, Physics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance etc.